Have you ever imagined what it’s like for an organization to have its own JS runtime environment? In this episode of TalkScript, we talk with Rob Palmer and Michael Molisani from Bloomberg about their experiences with the company’s custom runtime environment, how they manage typescript projects at scale, and finally, what’s it like to be part of the ECMAScript standardization process.
Spoiler: It’s not quite the meeting of the Galactic Alliance but it’s close.
Sam Menza on Twitter
Anthony Ciccarello on Twitter
Torrey Rice on Twitter
The official handle for the Engineering dept at Bloomberg is @TechAtBloomberg.
Below are links to the resources and topics mentioned during this episode.
- TypeScript 4.1 Release Post
- Bloomberg Tech Blog: Adopting TypeScript At Scale (aka the Script-mas Banana post)
- Github Top Languages
- Gary Bernhardt “End-to-End TypeScript” Video
- Michael’s TypeScript PR
- Completed Proposals (new 2021 features at the end)
- Temporal (it’s about time)
- Record & Tuple
- Private Instance Methods, Class Fields, Static Fields and Methods